Monday 23 February 2009

The tour de lance

I'm not convinced I'm a huge fan of twitter. It's basically yet another form of electronic stalking, but is entirely dependent on the interest you have in the person you are 'following' and indeed the content that these people are creating. For example, Jonathan Ross divulging what time he actually gets out of bed (sickeningly late when you realise how much he gets paid) or Stephen Fry wittering down the electronic airwaves about nothing. Or even the government showing they are still 'cool' even, even without big Tony, fails to really grab me. But perhaps it’s me that is the problem?

But, in the quest for insightful sports information, I've discovered an excellent use for Twitter. Lance 'I'm clean' Armstrong is on twitter. In fact, he is on it so much I'm surprised that he has time for anything else.


Lance is constantly updating with (I find) fascinating anecdotes about his life & the races he is involved with. This is exactly the kind of reading I'm after. Insightful and interesting; you get something that you can't get anywhere else. Maybe it’s nerdy? I don't know. But the constant updates that Lance provides offer a much more compelling viewpoint than Wossy's broken computer or the government’s new recession busting website.


Not only that, but big Lance (did I mention he is clean?) also posts pictures. Pictures that you wouldn't get any where else. Here are a few.

Twitter = excellent (as long as you find the right subject)





No comments:

Post a Comment